Skip to Content
- 5 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 4 ADULTS
Tuna Cheddar and Chive risotto
- Drain the oil from the tuna into a heavy based pot and heat.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the rice has turned opaque.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add wine, 2 cups of boiling water, cook uncovered, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Adding hot liquid is important to maintain the cooking temperature and continue the cooking process.
- Continue adding water 1 cup at a time, stirring regularly, until the rice is cooked to ‘al dente’ stage - this will take 15-20 minutes.
- If more liquid is required during this process add extra boiling water.
- Stir in peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1½ cups CHEER™ Tasty, season to taste and add chives.
- Portion into serving bowls and serve sprinkled with remaining CHEER™ Cheese.